A. Yes, below are the requirements for all tour participants:
- Participants must be between 10-65 years old, older guests please use your own discretion
- Can not be pregnant
- Must be able to board vessel from dock
- Must not have any previous back, neck, joint pain and/or other injuries
- Must not have any serious health conditions, such as respiratory or heart problems
- Must be able to tolerate an open ocean ride (can get bumpy)
Passengers will see lava in the dark during the sunrise tour. Note: Unless the Captain feels the conditions are not suitable and may depart when water is visible
A. The travel time along the beautiful coast to the viewing station is approximately 3 1/2-4 hours roundtrip. (Travel time will vary depending on sea conditions).
A. Once at the lava viewing station, sightseers will be given approximately 30 minutes to soak in and absorb one of nature’s greatest wonders.
A. 48 hours – full refund
24 hours – partial refund
Under 24 hours – No refund
Moku Nui Lava Tours can/will cancel tours due to severe weather changes, such as wind, surf lighting and heavy rainfall. In the event that a tour is cancelled, we will try our best to reschedule you on the next available tour or provide a refund.
A. Adults are not required to wear a life vest but there is one available per passenger. Children 12 yrs. and under are required to wear a life vest at all times on the boat.
A. For private tours our boat can easily accommodate up to 6 passengers comfortably. For the sunrise and afternoon tours the boat allows for up to 39 passengers.
A. Yes, all boats are owned and operated locally by native Hawaiian Families and are fully insured.
A. Yes. Please note the below:
- Wear comfortable clothing and bring a jacket
- Protection for your electronics (Ziplock Bags)
- Appropriate footwear (with grip)
- If doing a day trip we suggest you bring a hat and sunglasses
- Prior to boarding, please use harbor restroom facilities
- A light snack/energy bars (no bananas)
A. If winds are strong and waters are rough you may get splashed.
A. If prone to getting sea sick, we STRONGLY suggest to start taking Bonine or Dramamine and follow the recommended dosage. If you are unsure, please consult your physician.